Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gah! Another weekend.

Today:

Two swimming lessons (one for each of the Junior Ricardipi).
One ballet-jazz combo dance lesson for JR#2.
One birthday party (for JR#2).

I am, as they say, le tired. [WARNING: the video clip that links to is NSFW, contains minor language and stereotyping of various ethnic groups, and is funny as heck. Use at your own discretion.]

And I have five pages of a grant to write, by tomorrow evening. Not to mention fiddling around with my new Talk Like A Pirate Day present, which will doubtless chew up some additional time:

Ricardipus enters the mp3 age.

This hardly leaves any time for a social life (not that I have one anyway), taking pictures of buildings at ridiculous angles (as I do), or even blogging about recent interesting events, such as having coffee with Rikaitch's dad and his lovely wife on Friday (which I did).

Perhaps I'll tell you more about that visit when I have a bit more time than I do now, but let me tell you that Rik's dad is an interesting fellow, both he and his wife were very friendly, and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them. I've no idea what they thought of me, but there you go. Chalk up another win for the internet, I guess. And I've a lunch date in mid-November, in Washington DC, with another three people I've only met online. Combine all of this with my ever-expanding (but possibly not terribly useful) LinkedIn network, as well as occasional visits to the Nature Network, and I'm beginning to feel like a true cyber-citizen of the twenty-first century, tooled up with digital paraphernalia, meeting internet connections, tapping away on the laptop at the kitchen table while eating leftover pizza and cake. What fun it is, being me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shiny!

Anonymous said...

Love the video! Just about sums us all up, methinks!
Great to meet you, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Can't wait until Part The Two next year!

Richard Wintle said...

It is, rather. I'm kind of wishing I'd dusted the display case and the screen before I took that photo, though.

It's a four-Gigapod, which should be enough I think. :)

Richard Wintle said...

GAaaaaaaaaaaah there's Aled commenting at the same time as me.

Glad it was fun, thanks again for the coffee!

Rik said...

What bothers me is how much 'truth' my father spoke of...

WV: troafb - A disturbingly large amount of truth.

WrathofDawn said...

He is lovely, isn't he? He is the nicest blogger I've ever met.

Of course, the only other blogger I've met so far is me, so that's not saying much...

Richard Wintle said...

Damned by teh faintest of praises. Again.

Joy said...

I almost met Rik and his father when he was in FL for a visit, but we didn't get the meeting worked out, I'm sorry to say. I met one blogger and became friend in real life with him and his wife. They live about an hour away from me.

Joy said...

friend should be friends .... I need to poofread :-)