Saturday, June 28, 2008

See? We told you gnomes were useful.

Spending my Saturday morning, as I do, trolling through published U.S. Patent Applications so as to help out a consultant friend and make a few bucks in the process, I came across this one:

United States Patent Application 20050069541
Karlik, Stephen J. ; et al.
March 31, 2005
Composition for and treatment of demyelinating diseases and paralysis by administration of remyelinating agents.


Which I didn't find so terribly interesting (you'll be shocked to hear), until I came across this particular claim:

16. The method of claim 15, wherein the effective blood level of natalizumab is about 1 gnome.

Hm. I always suspected that gnomes were useful for something.

5 comments:

zoe said...

Well that's just about all they're useful for, I'd think. Unless it was a dalek gnome. Dalek gnomes are excellent for scaring away thieves.

Richard Wintle said...

I have no idea what you're talking about, Zoe...

Unknown said...

R'Pus, I think Zoe's on about her newts!

Richard Wintle said...

She's on *something*, that's for sure... ;)

Anonymous said...

I think the gnomes have done away with all the moles.