Friday, August 10, 2007

Joke of the day

Garfield, hanging out


Courtesy of Junior Ricardipus #2:


Q: Why are bugs going bugging?

A: Because they're hiking! [gales of laughter]


I have no idea, either.


--

In other news, I also have no idea what a rather lovely red Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano would be doing parked outside an industrial building not too far from Chateau Ricardipus. That's basically an Enzo engine stuffed into a rather elegant Grand Touring automobile, at the cool cost of, oh, a quarter of a million dollars or so. At least it comes with an iPod connector as standard.

A week earlier, a Mondial T, sporting a mere 300 horsepower or so, on the same road. And on the same day, the bus I was taking chased an orange Lamborghini Gallardo downtown. For a very, very short amount of time.

And my brother reminded me that a mechanic friend of his took him for a little spin in a 365 GTC/4 that he was working on. I really must start hanging out with my brother's friends more.

10 comments:

WrathofDawn said...

"Not the Ferrari? My GOD! Magnum!"

Sorry. The minute I think of a Ferrari I think of that show.

jmhihm - What Ricardipus would sing on his way to his Ferrari every morning.

Richard Wintle said...

Ah yes, the 308 GTS. An absolute classic.

Ann (MobayDP) said...

Oh dear, I was concentrating so much on the red Ferrari that I totally forgot to laugh at the very, very, very...ahem...funny joke.

:-D

Richard Wintle said...

ann - welcome. I laughed when I heard it, but not because the joke was funny.

JR#2 is four years old, btw.

Some very nice cats over on your blog...

Rik said...

Re Joke: A boy walks into the bakers and asked for a large sliced loaf. The baker says "Sorry, we've only got unsliced" to which he replies "That's ok, I've got my bike outside."

Just as funny, you might want to read that one to JR2.

zoe said...

as long as the car works and you can fit flat packs from Ikea into it, what's the fuss ?

Richard Wintle said...

Zoe - it's all about how fast you can get the Ikea stuff home. Really.

The first Ferrari 348 I ever saw was parked at a garden centre. I suspect they were buying some dirt or something.

Unknown said...

Re: The joke. No, I don't either!

Had an original 427 Cobra in the pub today! RAAWWTT!

Richard Wintle said...

John - how on earth did you fit that car in the pub?

Mosher said...

Why do posh cars all come with iPod connectors? I was so close to ordering one of those Ferraris but it doesn't have a standard USB connector for my superior MP3 player.

Cheap Italian tat.