...in this post.*
Oh Ye Gods And Little Fishes** I'm busy at the moment. This evening is turning into the Night Of A Thousand PowerPoints™, in preparation for an Advisory Board meeting on Friday. So far today:
1. edited Boss's presentation a couple of times
2. reviewed six Managers' presentations with them, then made all the edits
3. migrated Computer Guy's presentation onto the right template, fixed a couple of things and generally cleaned it up a bit
4. created a couple of bar graphs for one Manager and moved those onto hers
5. had a three minute meeting about Marketing Guy's presentation
6. looked over Extremely Competent Person Whose Office I Used to Camp Out In While She Was Away™'s presentation and made some inane comments on it
7. thought a bit about my presentation, which is, um, still vapourware at this point.
As well as about a thousand other similarly stimulating things, including not one, not two, but three phone calls on my way to work.
This all started first thing this morning, continued on the bus home, and is still in progress now. Not to be confused with last night, or the night before, mind you.
Why am I doing all this, you might ask? Well, as I don't want our spiffy facility to look bad in front of the Distinguished International Guests™, I've taken custody of formatting, making fixes and adding content to everyone's presentations. Because they'll all be much, much better if I do it.***
I do promise, however, that none of the resulting presentations will be as content-free as this post, and absolutely, positively, none of them will look like this one.
*"Ricardiblog. Prepare to be dissapointed." is what it used to say up in the title bar of this blog, way back when (ok, August 2006).
**This is something my mother used to say. I have no clue where it came from but it's occasionally useful, like here.
***No, really, it's true.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Prepare to be disappointed...
...in this post.*