Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Vacation, part II
Sorry, I've been on vacation, but at the cottage rather than in Antigua, thank goodness. Photos and things from that trip will be over on Flickr as soon as I get around to uploading them at the mighty speed of 128 kilobits per second; posts here might have to wait a bit. In the meantime, here's part II of the previous Antigua trip part I.
It wasn't all terrible:
1) The crabs turned out to be quite cute.
2) As were the blackbirds.
3) The rum. Super-premium English Harbour, about $4 US for a big bottle. Mmmmm.
4) We saw a mongoose.
5) We saw a cotton tree.
6) We saw lots of cute lizards.
7) Historical sights - Nelson hid his fleet in English Harbour, apparently.
8) Complimentary rum punch on arrival.
9) Happy hour at the poolside bar.
10) Some guy offered me a "trip to paradise". Naively, I asked what he meant... a joint (spliff, doobie), apparently. Come to think of it, he *did* look a bit too Rasta to be a native Antiguan. And no, I did not partake... but it was worth a laugh that he took the time.
It was still kind of disappointing though. As a vacation destination, Antigua gets a 3 out of 10. Try somewhere else.
This public service announcement brought to you by the good people at Ricardipus Tourism Advocates and General Complaining About Things, Inc.