Sunday, March 09, 2008

ONOZ! IT SNOZ!

Although I really don't have as much to complain about this winter as some folk do, I thought I'd share the latest winter storm with you. Because in Canada, this is what we do, complain about the snow, and then proudly show it off to anyone who's foolish enough to listen.

Here's the view of the front path yesterday morning, around 9:30. It was snowing. That little drift is in a spot where snow always accumulates - some peculiarity of the geography of wind, walls and the road, I suppose.

morning
By about 5:00 in the afternoon, it looked like this:

afternoon
And this morning, we awoke to the lovely scene below. Note the driveway at the top left (see it? It's the white thing). Mrs. Ricardipus had already shoveled a foot of snow off it yesterday.

The next morning (March 9, 2008)
I have to leave you now. There's a shovel with my name on it, hanging on the garage wall, drumming its fingers impatiently.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your snow.

#Debi said...

Shovels got fingers?!

Richard Wintle said...

rpg - as I said elsewhere, your shovel is waiting whenever you want to visit.

Anonymous said...

and as *I* said elsewhere, CityRail and the broken aircon is waiting for you.

WrathofDawn said...

"Some" people don't have any snow at all right now.

So, nyah!

I have a friend visiting from Ottawa right now. She got out just ahead of the storm. They got 51 cms. That's some serious snow.

Watch yer back, buddy.

lqlegpu - How your legs feel after shovelling out from a 51 cm snowfall.

Unknown said...

It's a bit windy here!

Richard Wintle said...

John - I've heard it's always windy when you're around...

*runs

zoe said...

It's very windy here - and this time it's not the Tw@t's fault. I even found a light bit of long plastic in my garden this morning - is it yours?

I don't believe that last photo was your driveway - it looked nothing like it!

Richard Wintle said...

Zoe, not mine, although all manner of similar crap appears in our front yard after a good windstorm.

Those pictures, believe it or not, are all of the same view.