Friday, January 05, 2007

The makings of a new black hole

Things found in my briefcase this morning:

  • breakfast
  • lunch
  • snacks
  • laptop
  • laptop power supply
  • umbrella
  • gloves
  • a Peter Gabriel CD
  • a book about HTML
  • various papers:

  • - an interview with Sir John Sulston
    - one about Inflammatory Bowel Disease
    - four about DNA sequencing
    - a photocopy of some notes from a seminar
  • an ID badge
  • two decongestants left over from the trip to California
  • three USB keys and a lanyard
  • three Minidiscs
  • a 22 year old Cross pen
  • a sparkly pencil
  • a thumbtack
  • some business cards
  • an address tag
  • an elephant
Even after I chased the elephant away, it was still pretty heavy. No wonder my back hurts.

And I found the thumbtack in the commonly accepted manner, by impaling myself on it while I was fishing around in the bottom of a pocket.

2 comments:

WyldWoods (WW.N) said...

Those pesky elephants get everywhere.

They're wacky.

The Wrath of Dawn said...

How do you tell there's an elephant in your briefcase?

Footprints in the chocolate pudding (with your lunch).